Lighten Up Your Life: Embracing the Less-ons of Less
When clients first come to me, many of them are burdened with bellies that aren’t behaving right, weight that’s a source of frustration or energy that’s virtually nonexistent. Another thing they have in common? Many of them are women. Amazing women. Women who take on the world every day. Women who give it their all and then some, taking care of everyone but themselves until finally their bodies say “Stop! It’s all too much!”
Though it’s often an uncomfortable time for my client, it’s also the time when they’re most open to making changes – and it’s true for me too! When I’m doing too much for others and too little for me, my body lets me know who’s who, stopping me in my tracks with fatigue or digestive upset. And so I am reminded (the hard way) that’s it’s time to recharge and reset.
So with on-going wellness in mind, I’m on a mission to cut back on the stuff that robs me of time, health, energy, sleep and all that is truly dear. As the new year arrived, I came up with my Less List and I encourage you to incorporate one or more of the following “Less-ons,” or create a list that’s meaningful for you. The mission: to make 2015 a year to remember for all the right reasons.
“THE LESS LIST” 2015
1. Less indoor time, more outdoors, no matter what the weather.
2. Less computers, more face-to-face time.
3. Less social media – more real connection!
4. Less stress – more relaxing yoga!
5. Less clutter – more space to dance in the living room!
6. Less guilt for not completing everything on the to-do list.
7. Less time sucking, more delegating and saying “no” a little more often.
8. Less commentary from the inner critic – more self-compassion and forgiveness
I think I can do it. How about you? I’d love to hear you thoughts, so feel free to share your comments.
For more thoughts on how to be kind to your body no matter the season, check out my recent post 7 Steps to a Healthier You.